mas·och·ism (ms-kzm)
n.
1. The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2. The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3. A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.
Now a while ago a friend wondered if she was a true masochist? She worried because while she enjoyed pain through sessions she did not like it when she bumped he knee or fell down.
I by the above definition am a masochist. I have just finished an operation and while would not have drawn excitement form being awake and feeling being sliced with a scalpel i do enjoy the pain of healing. When i am trying to walk now there is the pulling of muscle against stitches it feels good to me. I have more fantasies when like this. Sexual arousal happens to a certain limit when i feel a pinch or slight tear of skin or tissue it makes me snap into slave mode.
Though the pain level is not as extreme as my friend i find i can translate every day pain into a sexual feeling of arousal. So yues to all three definitions i am a masochist. I just believe that even masochist need to start at a low level and work up. I believe my friend is a masochist just with a higher level of where she needs to start fly. As far as every day pain well everyone has different tastes i hate the idea of needles she does not like anal or humiliation and i thrive on it. Whether it is fear or simple dislike precludes the action i feel if it fits under the definition then that is what i am a masochist at a different threshold.
No comments:
Post a Comment