Protocols.
I love protocols in either dominant or slave roles. I know some had little or no time for it they have their reason for it. I will say that ritual , protocols and rules are sought after by many in the lifestyle and in the vanilla life.
When Henry the eight took England out of Catholicism one of the major complains from the people about the new religion was no rituals that were steeped in unknown purpose no protocols to follow. Instead, they were guided which did not go over well till Henry started persecuting the priests and Catholics. Now I will not speak for all but having rules is far easier. The protocol of kissing feet when greeting or saying thank you for being played with allows me knowledge on how to please my dominant. It shows respect and a giving over of power to them. Standing with a tray at the doorway of a room waiting to be beckoned in puts me in a very submissive mindset. Knowing that if I break a rule or protocol that is disrespecting my dominant and a punishment will follow.
However there is the flip side to rules and protocols. They must have some logic , the dominant must be able to remember them as well as enforce them. Making up silly rules can be fun at a party where ou want to play. Yes I know you should be able to ask to play but I have noticed that some slaves can hint and ask even beg but never get what they want. So for me the rules, protocols and ritual give me exactly what I want, control so they will always be part of my play and service.
2 comments:
see now I understand what you are saying...... at least I think I do.
Protocols and rituals help increase the level of play.
BUT what if the level of play is VERY high. What if the Dominant does not need nor require kissing of feet or kneeling??? what if all they require is to place a leather collar around your neck - signaling that for the next however many hours you are theirs to do with as THEY please???
And then the play goes on and on.. for hours. I believe my record is 4 straight hours of play one day with 2 more hours the next day....... did I feel a need to kneel at their feet or grovel?? nope not one little bit. Did my heart belong to them for those two days - absolutely!! Would I have walked over hot coals for them?? Definitely.
Rules and Protocols need to fit the needs of both parties in the relationship. If they don't then they are a waste of time.
just my thoughts on the subject
morningstar
As usual you have a point! but are the protocol really for the Dominants Were they ever for them or are they or should they be to increase the slave experience,. SOmething we can discuss on our next coffee
Post a Comment