A question that has recently been raised that started this interest was who should ask. Does the slave ask to be owned or does the Dominant ask the slave. For me it is and aways has been up to the Dominant to ask or take possession of the slave. Protocol dictates that slaves or subs are not supposed to approach a Dominant at a club. It is the Dominant that must approach. We are put on the selling block there are slave auctions , slaves are treated as possessions and we are collared. They are kidnapped, tattooed or branded. While this is consentual I feel it should be up to the Dominant to initiate it. I have never heard a suit of clothes ask some one to wear it nor a table to be used. It is there on the selling floor for those that want it to purchase it or take possession of it .
In the real history of slavery they did not ask to be captured . They did not stand waving thier hands to attract sailors as their ships passed.nor re-sold to the highest bidder. It would be funny to see slavers hiding their eyes so as not to disappoint the future slaves. I could well imagine a picture of a White plantation owner standing on the block being bid on by half naked slaves in chains clambering to get the nastiness of the best. So why would the person who is trying to give up control must then take control of it and asked to be owned. This is illogical to me. As much as I believe in the expression " Master says slave does" in this case " if the Dominant doesn't neither does the slave".

The other part is what is ownership or being owned ? What does it entail ? So many versions and levels of ownership or control. When does control become ownership or is there a difference? Some would say it is a total package? To me that means a doormat as a slave. Some one who does not have free thought or a forum to express it. Or perhaps it is levels such as anything to do the lifestyle would be controlled or owned. I sort of have a level of that know so to a level am I owned?
I do not feel owned . I owe a certain amount of service to littleone and her Sir but they do not make many decisions in my lifestyle side. They do not even make all the decisions in my submissive lifestyle to be more exact. They do not decide who I play with when i am not with them. So I would say that is not being owned. I have not ever truly been owned by any one and by that I mean not the way I own subs when I Dom. The only experience I have in ownership is when I Dom. I will write about that on CLoud's blog . My last question for this blog is When does control turn into ownership? or Would I know if it bit me on the ass?
2 comments:
interesting post and your insight is priceless. I feel as if a person must ask to enter into a relationship...for example with Richard and I- when it felt right I asked him to be my Dom. I gave myself to him. Yet the ownership came about more naturally.
Just a thought.......
but historically slavery wasn't consensual was it?? today it is ... that makes a big difference in my mind.
morningstar (owned by Warren)
Post a Comment