I know that this day carries great weight for many people across the land and I also have sad memories of this day. 6 years ago on September 10 my position as a Shift Manager was eliminated at 8:53 Pm. The usual security came to my office would not allow me to take anything then I had to return the next day for it. Driving in the next mooring is where I had first heard of an accident with the towers and a plane. I paid it no mind went to my former work place gathered my things and left. To relax I played classical music in the car and not until I arrived at home and got a call from a friend did I realize the largeness that this day would become.
We all sit in our own worlds most of the time so just as it is important to have our hermit time we should think now and then that there are others on this planet that do not find happy memories everyday of the year and struggle to exist with their difficulties and situations. A little etiquette, a little thought for others , a little empathy everyday would go a long way in helping those struggling with certain dates and perception of themselves.
I will leave this subject at this point and allow others to debate it i just thought on such a day it deserved mention before I got into other things.
This day is the first day where every one is back to school or at work . It is the first day where I have the great personal freedom of being alone. I will not delve into the exact details let us just say that I am relaxed in what I consider to be my best attire doing some work for me .
1 comment:
it is strange how devastating Sept 11th was for me .. way back then.. and how i had to be reminded of the anniversary today.... BUT you are right one should take a moment or two today and think of that horrific day......
glad to hear you are running naked again..... (cheeky grin)
morningstar (owned by Warren)
Post a Comment