drakor at his best

drakor at his best
I know one is enough I prefer using two hands thank you

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Labels and what we are

As usually a lot of discussion happens when morning star and I get together. The first topic that keeps coming up is that I am a switch, it would seem as if there is a great division with people that I speak to as to whether or not switches exist. Some have problems with the idea and tell me to choose others that are switches and myself do not understand the necessity that the lifestyle is so neatly divided into two groups. Some tell me that in a pure state there are no switches then follow that up with there are Doms/Dommes that like pain being inflicted upon them selves and lets not leave out the subs that say " I could never Dom anyone" until they are in a stable then they want to be the top sub. I am not saying that there are not individuals that only enjoy only being a Dominant or only being a submissive, but there are many who live between the two. Now to lighten things up a thought : if there are 12 Dominants in a room you have a lot of decisions and discussion going on but not much action. If you have 12 submissives in a room you have a lot of discussion and no decisions and no action but with 12 switches in the room there is a party going on!

The next area that we love to debate and put forth our ideas on is label and this usually starts with the old question of sub vs slave is there a difference or not. I say there is and a blog from teramis put it into the words I have been searching for. A sub makes the decision to submit over and over because of how they feel or hard limits and this changes a lot in a relation a slave makes the decision to serve once and then serves as requested until they ask for release. I follow that up with there is a lot of grey between the two but to me it is a mind set that is the major difference. Before I would not say there was much of a difference but I have changed my mind and enjoy the idea that I do better thinking of myself as a slave it puts me in the right mind set and challenges me greatly at times, the brat keeps trying to surface. Oh well my thoughts on an early morning with any luck there should be a discussion with my friend by the end of the day. Oops forgot to talk on Labels, oh well silly me, for the next time, Labels.

1 comment:

morningstar said...

one thought on switches and subs drakor.......... wouldn't a sub who was in a stable really be enforcing the Dom's orders / rules?? would that actually make them a switch?? or just a top sub as you called them??? they wouldn't be Dominant as they wouldn't be making the rules. And wouldn't the Dom offer up the punishments??

and i am really interested to know how you can validate being a "slave" and a switch....... isn't a slave under complete control of the Dom/mes??? and isn't a switch someone who never completely gives up control as they have the Dom side to them as well?? and how could the Dom side give up total control?? then it wouldn't be Dom would it??